Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Monday 14 May 2018

Just Another Day At The Office 😎😀


4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty!
    You are doing really well to keep going with this challenge, it's not so far off half the year already (or maybe I shouldn't say that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie - though I think you may have had some sixth sense as I only just posted yesterday's photograph this morning! I do find the process is helping me to be more mindful - prompting me to daydream less and notice more about my present surroundings. It also encourages me to be more in touch with my experience of the day and my feelings about it, and what was important to me. Not sure It's doing anything to develop my photography as I usually only have my phone with me, certainly at work, and not a lot of time. But it IS giving me a clearer picture (pun intended!) of my life overall, and I'm valuing that very much.

      Delete
  2. That's where l like to see trees, flowers etc out in the open, in the ground, where they belong..giving us all enjoyment and pleasure!
    And, as l've said before..NOT! Cut, and put in a silly vase, on a windowsill...!

    Lovely photo...l'm enjoying it here with a lemon tea! :0).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willie. This is one of my favourite properties, and where I spend part of every Monday morning. It's in a beautiful area so there's a lovely natural backdrop to the garden. The residents of the block are lovely, and appreciative, so it always feels harmonious - and there's always tea! And the budget is fair, which means We're free to do some really decent work. Whenever I'm here I'm inclined to remember why I got into gardening in the first place, and especially on a day like this when, honestly, the photo doesn't do it justice. I actually wasn't feeling at all well on this occasion, but the beauty and peace of the place, and the meditative nature of the work I was able to choose and still be productive doing, still made me truly, deeply content. A beautiful part of what was overall a beautiful day. So glad I jacked in the corporate life years ago and created a life in which I no longer have to dread Mondays!

      Delete