Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Digging Deep


3 comments:

  1. As l've said before..l'm no gardener..my home has grass, privet, and l'm proud of my Virginia Creeper, that covers both back and front of the house! In a while l'll be doing my hanging/wicker baskets, nothing fancy, but they always look good. The pond at the top, l've let grow wild, no fish, just frogs, toads, newts and a few snakes!
    So, it's all a bit relaxing..and, l love sitting out on the patio to eat..and, Flossie pops round for a saucer of milk and a chat..Bless her! =(^..^)=

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds blissfully chilled out! The job pictured here was anything but. Despite being the first job of the day it was already remarkably hot - and that was before the digging! The ground was dry and hard, and got worse and worse around the area we were supposed to plant - to the extent we could actually dig the holes to plant at all. Tales slightly between our legs, we moved on to a day of mowing and hedge cutting in oppressive heat. It could've been hellish, but everyone dug deep, found their best selves, their best humour, their best strength and their best skills. We all put on our best smiles and kept them there, and between we pulled off a super day's work in a super team spirit. I was very proud of our work, and of us. 😊

    ReplyDelete