Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Saturday 17 March 2018

Playing The Lady


2 comments:

  1. Now! I had to mention about laces on the outside of trainers...Being a No! No!
    Tea..Tea made in a metal tea~pot...???
    HeHe! I don't think so..! :(.
    I'm a typical Virgo l'm afraid, so things have to right, not 'just' right but right!
    Though for myself, l use a tea bag, Earl Grey, just on my second of the day now..but always use a china tea~pot for visitors! And, biscuits/cake if l really like them! :).

    As l look out through the Paddington Bear curtains, everything covered in snow, so that's my trip to Lidl done with, still, plenty to do around the place...! :).

    Oh! In this weeks Gardening section of the Sun's TV Mag..There's a Cobra Lawnmower, worth £290 to win..so l've a postcard ready to send off...! You never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty of my metal teapot is that it's thermal - hence tea on tap for a good hour that's still as hot and fresh as the first cup poured. That'll do me!

    I collect china teacups and saucers - mostly English but also one or two French, German, American, Dutch and Japanese. And I have a couple of glass beauties - Italian Salviati, for display only. The china are all antique or vintage, and include Spode, Crown Derby, Limoges, Delft, Royal Worcester and my absolute favourite .... several Coalport. But the one pictured is a Zaccariah Brown, and is an absolute joy to drink from. So I'm not too bothered about the pot, as long as it keeps it hot!

    After an enjoyable and productive, but kind of tricky week at work, followed by a taxing morning with a family member, I had a wonderfully relaxed afternoon drinking tea, reading my very sedate magazine, watching the snow fall outside, and listening to Classic FM until equanimity was restored. :)

    Meanwhile, good luck with the competition!

    ReplyDelete