Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Friday 16 March 2018

Nourished.



4 comments:

  1. ooooO! Lovely! I love fish, shell fish, all crustacea, especially straight out the sea!
    Back home..time to eat..down to the sea..fish, all nice and fresh, octopus, within the hour it's cooking away in warm water, with a brick on the lid, to stop it jumping out...Goodness! How terrible! Then we'd sit down for 2~3hrs to eat...Twice a day!
    HaHa! And, l'm sitting here with a lemon tea and an almond slice...HeHe! Never right! Still..pheasant for tomorrow..love pheasant, any game for that matter! :0).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of fish and most seafood. Had horrendous food poisoning from octopus a couple of years back, in Lisbon. Only lasted 24 hours but, seriously, most violently ill I've ever been - and probably the only time I've ever lost weight on holiday! Consequently not a big fan of octopus ...... but do still love my prawns, among other crustacea! :)

      This was a particularly welcome lunchtime feast. I had felt really weak and exhausted all morning and felt faint on a property, but we were working locally so were able to pop home for lunch. I caught sight of this beautiful avocado that had been sat there for a few days, Gary popped out for some prawns ...... a good lunch of healthy protein and fats, a strong, sweet cuppa, and a half hour nap left me strong enough for Pilates in the evening, which in turn left me well and truly energised, ready for the weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was Kylie, simple and delicious! Looking at the photo I find I can still taste it!

      Delete