Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Thursday 25 January 2018

Together


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Kylie,

      It's been our theme for the week in a strange way. I've been at home ill for much of the week, so Gary and I have spent more time apart than usual, and have missed one another. However it has made our evenings more precious and cherished (in a sore throat, coughing your guts up kind of a way!!). Similarly, Gary working all day then coming home to look after me, while I've tried to muster at home to at least do bits of paperwork and laundry, has heightened our sense of what a golden partnership we have. And all week I've been looking at this cast of our hands, which sits near the fireplace in our lounge.

      Delete
  2. When people clasp their hands, almost all have a strong preference; either the right thumb is on top (R) or the left thumb is on top (L). Hand-clasping is sometimes used to illustrate basic genetics; the myth is that hand-clasping is controlled by one gene with two alleles, and the allele for (L) is dominant...So there...!

    At school l was made to sit on my hands, being continental, l use my hands a lot in conversation..more than most people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Willie,

      Well thank you for nugget of information!

      I'm not continental at all (to the best of my knowledge) but English/Scottish, yet I have the same 'problem'. I actually quite like it about myself, but took my Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy a few years back and was told to reign it in during sessions because it was distracting! My tutor actually had me sit on my hands during role play to keep them under control - bear in mind I was well into my 40s by then!!!

      Delete