Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Thursday 26 April 2018

Old Friends


2 comments:

  1. Goodness! This takes me back...
    Song...
    By~The New Vaudeville Band..
    Song~Winchester Cathedral
    Released~1966. (my most favourite year).

    "Winchester Cathedral
    You're bringing me down
    You stood and you watched as
    My baby left town"....
    HeHe! That's enough of that! :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winchester Cathedral and I are 'old friends' since I performed there with choir in February last year. Puccini's Gloria, and Chilcott's Canticles of Light which has gone down as one of my all time favourite pieces. It was a momentous occasion for me - for the music, the setting, the people who came, and the hypothermia I came away with!

      But it's also where I sometimes meet my oldest friend for lunch. Being part way between his home and mine, boasting lots of watering holes and nice places to wander or sit, it's perfect for a proper catch up. And yesterday was a lovely day spent swapping stories of a particularly busy period in both our lives. It's wonderful the perspective, warmth and comfort that can be offered by someone who's known you longer than most of your family - old friends are truly worth their weight in gold!

      Delete