Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Monday 23 April 2018

Missing This So Much.


5 comments:

  1. It looks like a lovely spot to do a bit of contemplating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Taormina is a wonderful little place in Sicily, but it's quite busy and bustling, and it was a hot day. This statue is in the public gardens which are a beautiful, quiet, shady respite - and a lovely place for Gary and I just just slow down and connect with each other in the sort of setting we love. Gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. What a coincidence...To~day in Westminster Square, will be the first unveiling of a 'female' statue..all the others are men...
    The statue will show Ms Fawcett at the age of 50 holding a placard which reads ‘courage calls to courage everywhere’, which she read after the death of famous suffragette Emily Davison...!

    Ms Davison was killed when she walked onto the race track at the Epsom Derby in 1913.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! Well! I've just sat down, and decided to find out what and where this statue is...
    AND..Knock me down with a feather...AND..it is....
    “Angels of our Time” is a hymn to love, a bronze sculpture created by Piero Guidi. It is situated in the public gardens in Taormina, Sicily.
    I was born in Letojanni..North of Taormina...just a few minutes drive! I know Taormina very well, my cousin Salvatore had a hotel their..As my family are all based in and around that area..!
    HeHe! Good old Google...! Mia! La bella Sicilia! :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we were on holiday in Letojanni all last week. Great little place, very quiet, not much happening, perfect. Church is amazing. Loved Mt Etna and Taormina. Miss it all, but mainly miss the time out from work with my loved one.

      Delete