Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Sick day


2 comments:

  1. I see your watching the BBC News Channel,
    Amanda..there in front of your cauldron..! :).

    Pills..Pills..and more pills..I've just had my first ever Flu jab last Friday! Bit worried about the Australian strain..!
    But then, l don't suffer colds, coughs or flu...Must be the garlic and olive oil l
    was brought up on..! Never had any problems with vampires either..! :0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Willie!

    Yeah, that was my day yesterday - LOTS of pills, vomit bowl (empty and clean in the photo, just FYI - this IS a journal, but no-one wants to see THAT!!!), and daytime telly (no-one sane wants to see THAT either, but there you go!)

    I suffer from severe migraine on a fairly regular basis and, though it's not as chronic as it used to be, it's pretty debilitating. Can't see well enough during an attack to read or sew, can't move without falling over, can't hold anything as I usually suffer paralysis in one or both hands, quite often have speech problems ..... Yeah. migraine days are pretty shitty, if you'll forgive the French. But you learn to live with what you can't change - plenty of people suffer far more, and at least it's temporary!

    The Australian flu thing does sound nasty, don't blame you for being cautious - though, like you, I don't get ill ..... apart from my head. I put it down to working outside, but it could be the cauldron and the witch's brew ..... :) Keep up the garlic, and keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete