Hello, and thanks for visiting! A couple of months ago a good friend nominated me in one of those Facebook challenges you may have seen doing the rounds - 7 black and white photos over 7 days from your ordinary life, excluding people and pets, posted without explanation. I accepted the challenge, and enjoyed the process so much that I was soon wondering how I could extend it. This blog is my answer. The photos won't always be in black and white - I've long understood how important colour is to me - but I plan to adhere to the other rules of the challenge for a full 365 days and, in doing so, tell the story of the next year in my life. Knowing how I struggle with discipline, especially self-discipline, I imagine this process will throw up quite a few challenges for me but hopefully that will all be part of the growing and learning process. There will be little or no explanation posted, though I'll be happy to chat in the comments, and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Saturday 13 January 2018

Retro Saturday


4 comments:

  1. Goodness! Me!
    14, High St, Wimborne...! :).
    Bought a few Records, CD's etc in their
    over the years...!
    And lots of fruit and veg in 'Minster
    Greens' next door...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well what are the chances of that???

      We don't actually live in Wimborne, but like to pop over quite often at weekends for the grocer, the butcher round the corner, the pub (the tiny one down the pedestrian street parallel with the High Street - name completely escapes me for the moment), and , when we can afford it, some vinyl from Square Records.

      Yesterday's purchases were shin of beef and a steak, a long list of veggies and fruit, and the following:
      Aretha Franklin - Greatest Hits
      Paul Weller - Stanley Road
      David Bowie - Changes One
      Prince - Purple Rain (picture disc)

      Sorely tempted by a couple of Northern Soul double albums and The Who Live at the Isle of Wight - may well have to go back sooner than usual!

      Thanks for dropping by, hope to see you here again soon - if not in Wimborne!!

      Delete
  2. Aretha Franklin...(Queen of Soul).
    Brilliant!
    Worked with her quite a few years
    back now..!

    Coming up to date can l recommend..
    the new Gregory Porter CD...'Nat King
    Cole and Me'...
    ~~~Music to chill out to! :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worked with her????? WOW!!!

      I like Gregory Porter but, for me, he doesn't quite match ol' Nat. I had a cassette tape (remember them?) of Nat King Cole when I was about 14, and his mellow tones soothed me to sleep many a teenage angst ridden night! Do love the story of how Gregory Porter was inspired by him and his lyrics, personally as well as musically. Very heartwarming, just like the music.

      I'm sorry, you worked with her???? How fabulous! But you can't just drop than in there and then walk away!! Do tell ......

      Delete